FEE: €500 per participant
DURATION: 2 x Mornings, Tuesdays 27th Nov and 4th Dec 2018 8.30am – 12.15pm
VENUE: PraxisNow, Nesta Business Centre, Sandyford, DUBLIN 18
REGISTRATION: Online using the form on your left. Special rates exist for two or more participants – please call 01-2360076.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Any WordPress website owner; from small businesses to multinational enterprise. This specialist WordPress SEO course is suitable for non-technical as well as technical marketing executives who own accountability for the company’s organic search footprint. It is designed to show you, using live demonstrations, the process of search engine optimisation on a WordPress website and to teach you optimal ways to configure your WordPress website for maximum natural (unpaid) placement performance on Google and other search engines. A basic awareness of what SEO is would be helpful but is not necessary if you advise the course leader in advance.
FORMAT & DOCUMENTATION:
This two-morning WordPress SEO course is a small-group (typically from 3 up to maximum of 8 people) interactive workshop featuring live walk-throughs of specific WordPress organic search engine optimisation techniques, supported with slides and interactive discussion. A download link for supporting slides and other reference materials used during the workshop will be emailed to participants after the course.
LEVERAGING WORDPRESS SEO FOR GOOGLE RANKING
WordPress has become the CMS (Content Management System) of choice for millions of websites (not just bloggers!) around the world. When configured correctly, WordPress offers SEO capabilities that are significantly superior to, and easier to execute, than many of its high-cost enterprise-class competitors.
This 2 x half-day WordPress SEO course gives you the opportunity to experience a live walk-through of the physical process of search-optimising a WordPress website. The small group size means that the workshop is highly interactive with a “question as you go” ethos from beginning to end. You will leave each workshop with confidence in the knowledge that you only need to replicate the process you have just experienced to make a significant difference to your company’s organic search footprint.
WORDPRESS SEO COURSE – LEARNING OUTCOMES
- WordPress set-up for SEO
- Preparation – before you go near WordPress!
- WordPress SEO plugin configuration
- Introduction to Yoast as an example of an SEO Plugin for WordPress
- Walk-through of Yoast features and set-up
- The fundamental process of SEO that you will follow
- Applying basic SEO principles to your WordPress SEO plan
- Execution – search optimisation for targeted search behaviours
- Your content hierarchy and how it affects Google’s indexing of your website.
- How Google views a page or post
- Page-level SEO considerations
- Google’s “Mobile First” SEO considerations
- AMP – Accellerated Mobile Pages
- Media Optimisation inside and outside of WordPress
- Off-site SEO considerations
- Creating an SEO-friendly navigation structure for your website
- Configuring Google Analytics or other data collection solutions
- What to do when new content is added
- What are trackbacks and backlinks?
- Optimising Posts V Optimising Pages
- Where to from here